Our top priority is the health and safety of our employees, customers and community through these challenging times. We have adjusted our operating procedures to reflect our commitment to you.
We will operate our Rafts and Raft Shuttle Bus at 50% capacity. You will be given a sanitized Lifejacket to wear while on the raft. While on the Shuttle Bus, every second row of seats will be empty unless used by your "family bubble".
Rafters will be required to wear a non-medical mask while on the Raft Bus shuttle. Masks will also be required when physical distancing cannot be maintained, and most likely on the raft.
We encourage you and your family to bring your own face masks.
To reduce the risk of virus transmission, we implemented precautionary measures in all stages of our operation, using the AHS Guidelines.
The safety measures we have implemented include:
1. Reduced capacity of 50% on transportation and rafts
2. Daily monitoring of employees’ health.
3. Enforcing physical distancing wherever possible.
4. PPEs are used where recommended.
5. Reducing the number of touchpoints, and increased cleaning of our equipment and rafts.
6. Additional safety training on enhanced cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing procedures
If you are showing any symptoms of Covid 19, or are a close contact of a person who has tested positive for Covid 19, please call to cancel your raft trip for a refund.
To ensure the success of these measures, we rely on the full cooperation of customers.
We hope that our environment returns to normal in the not-too-distant future, but for now, these protocols are our new normal, and we encourage you to call us with any questions, or concerns that you may have.